-mat- filid brandy
Senior system admin, application developer, system architect and analyst
GPG PublicKey A1CA6A91
Verify GPG Fingerprint with:
curl -I https://www.linuxpinguin.de | grep GPG
- IP v4
- IP v6
- Arduino style
- Shell (csh,tcsh, zsh,bash,ksh)
- Adobe AEM System Administration
- ARS remedy
- BMC patrol
- Microsoft Word/Excel/Access
- SAP/R3 ABAP/4
- MacOS 10.4-10.11
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- spam assassin/clamav/greylisting
- Linux (Debian,RedHat,SuSe,CentOS,Mandriva,Ubuntu)
- elastic search
How to get in contact with me
Senior System Administrator, 2008.06 - ,Trend Micro Deutschland GmbH, Munich
- Running the Imperia CMS on a HP EVA and HP Cluster
- Running HA setup of 650+ domains
- Moving the Imperia from Version 8.0.6 to 9.0 and moving from CentOS5 to CentOS6
- Moving the complete installation to a new datacenter
- Improving throughput for the web servers by switching from Apache to Nginx, Varnish, Apache setuo
- Rebuilding the cluster in VMware ESX environment and migration of service to it. Decommissioning of the old HP Cluster hardware
- Design, implementation and operations of the new setup for the WordPress based blogs, based on CentOS6 and Debian7
- Design, implementation and operations of a new web server setup for the 650 domains moving from CentOS6 to Debian 7
- Upgrade project for Imperia from 9.0 to 9.2
- Design, implementation and operations of a setup for Adobe AEM CMS
Senior Consultant, 2007.12 - 2008.04, CSNet GmbH, Munich
Senior Systems Engineer, 2004-2007.11, Cable&Wireless Telecommunication Services GmbH, Munich
- Badger: I wrote the handover documentation for the 4SURE portal and the SLABox solution.
- Accordion: Setting up a complete site redundant system for the 4SURE portal in the datacenter in Swindown, UK to backup Munich datacenter.
- Dorothy: Negotiations about a new approach to unify the system landscape.
Senior Systems Engineer, 2003-2004, Cable&Wireless Deutschland GmbH, Munich
- Tiger: Database cleansing and consolidation of the european system platform.
- Genoa: When Cable&Wireless exited the US market, I was responsible for the development, integration and replacement of the ISICS SLA solution. I developed a mini-ITX based hardware, fitted a Linux system on it and was able to build a very reliable hardware probe. The probes were installed in all major nodes of the Cable&Wireless public internet and measured the quality of the network. The other part of the development focused on the administration and reporting of the measured values, which I included in the webportal of Cable&Wireless. (http://www.cw.com/sla) Also moved from the US system were order management and port allocation web interfaces.
Cable&Wireless Worldwide Winner Award 2003
Manager of Operation/Business System Support Europe, 2000-2003, Cable&Wireles Deutschland GmbH, Munich
UK Hosting: I integrated the reporting for the UK hosting department. They are enabled to use the webportal to access all the related data and reports.
•PESP (Pan European Support Platform): We build a new system landscape to unify the cross european systems into a single platform . I was responsible for the system and business analysis and build the system architecture. We were able to build the first single-sign-on webportal combining all databases and reportings into one frontend. We gathered information from InfoVista, Remedy, Netcool, cricket etc. This Customer Support Environment (CSE) later became the 4SURE portal.
Network Engineer at Network Managment and Integration Tools, 2000-1999, Cable&Wireless ECRC GmbH, Munich
- Night moves: Complete move of a datacenter from the old to a new location.
- Hurricane: Process definition project, where I helped to implement the processes into the Remedy system.
Embedded Developer, 1999, Atmiralis, Munich
Chief Engineer, 1996-1999, TouchNet GmbH, Munich
Chief Technical Officer, 1994-1996, Phönix Verlag, Weilburg
Student worker, 1990, Siemens/Nixdorf, Munich
Student worker, 1989, Siemens, Munich
Student support, 1988-1993, University of Saarland, Saarbrücken
System administration, 1986-1988, Bundeswehr Büchel
Talks for Munich Linux Meeting
Adobe AEM System Administrator, Adobe, Munich, 2016
ISEB - Business Analysis Essentials, London, 2007
I did pass the exam of the course “Business Analysis Essentials” of the ISEB.